Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Tuesday's Tip: Open the Blinds and let the Sunshine in

On hot days when you have to close the door because you are using the air conditioner, open the curtains and let the sunshine in. I know it is supposed to raise your power bill, but sometimes a little bit of sunshine is the difference between a accomplishing your daily writing goal and a wasted day.


On a windy day
when I look out my window
I see the Stars and Strips waving in the wind.

The apartment building across the street has a palm tree and an American flag in front of it. The flag poll holding the flag is taller then the palm tree. The first thing I see when I open my blinds is the flag waving in the wind. The second thing I see are the palm fronds moving as the wind blows through them. This brightens my day and makes me smile. It also gives me something to write about when I cannot think of anything else to write.

A wasted day
is a day without writing
a single line of poetry or prose.
 

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9