Monday, May 18, 2015

Monday Motivation: Coffee and Writing Motivation

A strong cup of joe
Unadorned with anything
Sipped from a white cup.

The best motivation for writing on Monday, or any other day of the week, is coffee. Strong, hot, black, and smooth coffee. It does not matter if you call it joe or java. It does not matter if you drink out of the same cup everyday or have a different cup for each day of the week. It does not matter if you wash your cup everyday or just once a month. These things do not affect the taste or enjoyment of the coffee itself.

On Sunday I washed
My favorite white cup
For the first time this month

I confess! I wash my cup either once every nineteen days or every thirty days. It is my coffee cup and I am the only person using it. It does not matter how often I wash the cup. Washing my coffee cup everyday is not a priority. Washing the other dirty dishes is a daily priority because it is sort of like taking medication.

As I sip coffee
I listen to the birds
Writing motivation.

I do not drink decaf! I attempt to avoid instant coffee. I have a small jar of instant coffee in the freezer. I keep the instant coffee as my second emergency backup. I also have a package of whole bean coffee in the freezer. The whole bean coffee is my first emergency backup. I keep two emergency coffee backup because I do not intend to wake up some Monday morning and find I have inadvertently ran out of coffee.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9