Thursday, May 28, 2015

Thursday Thoughts on the Passing of Spring

Morning advances
the birds have stopped their singing
and the day heats up.

It's Thursday morning about 8:00 am. I'm sitting at my computer staring out the open door into a bright and cloudless May day. There is not wind to cool off the rising desert heat. The wind doesn't help much on hot summer days, but during the spring and fall it helps cool Las Vegas.

Summer is coming
triple digit temperatures:
I need more coffee.

I just checked the temperature on one of the local news websites. According to the meteorologist the temperature at 7:56 am was 79 degrees Fahrenheit. The temperature is supposed to get up to about 96 degrees today, which means I will have to turn the cool air on sometime this afternoon.

Birds fly to their nest
returning home from hunting
another warm day.

Sunday, June 21, is the Summer Solstice. My sister and I are supposed to be moving into a two-bedroom apartment sometime in June. I'm not looking forward to moving in triple digit temperatures which are supposed to arrive this week end or early next week. However, it really doesn't matter whether I'm looking forward to moving or not (I've never liked moving any time of year) I will move because it's the best thing to do.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9