Saturday, May 16, 2015

Success Saturday: I finished Short Story

I finished a short story today. I have worked on this story all week and today I finally finished it. The final word count is 8,116. The story is a romance crime story. I know there are people out there that think all romances are crimes; however, I am not one of those people. When I started writing the story on Sunday, May 10, I just started writing. I wrote the story letting my subconscious or the characters move the story forward depending on your point of view.

I found out long ago, after much trial and error, that I cannot plan a story. If I am going to write a story and finish it then I just have to write. I begins with the idea for a character, usually a female, and then let the words fall where they may. Now that the story is finished, I have to edit it. I am going to let the editing on this story wait a couple of weeks. While I was writing this story I got a couple of ideas for poems which I can now work on until I start another romance story on next week.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9