Sunday, March 01, 2015

Sunday Speculations: Nineteen Days and Counting

There are nineteen day left in winter. This year the vernal equinox occurs on Friday, March 20. Is this arctic weather the last gasp of winter? Are warm spring temperatures coming soon? I do not know, but I hope so. I am tired of being cold. I know that I have complained in the past about the heat and the power bills. I may complain about them again at some future date, however, right now I am tired of being cold.

Perhaps the cold just got to me worse this year because this is the first full winter I spent in this studio apartment. Maybe the problem is that I am living alone and I do not like living alone. The problem with being by myself is that I do not have anyone complain to except myself. I know that it does no good to complain or rant about the weather. The weather will be what it is no matter what I think about it or how much I complain.

My mother used to say it did no good to complain about the weather because complaining did not change the weather or the temperature. Mom was right! Also complaining just seems to make things worse. The more I complain about the temperature the colder I feel. I complain. I check the temperature. I find out that it is not as cold as I thought. Therefore, complaining only makes me notice the cold more and I think it is colder then the actual temperature.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9