Monday, February 16, 2015

Monday Motivation: Depression Contributes to Writer's Block

I read somewhere that there is no such thing as writer's block. I agree because with me it is a matter of depression rather then writer's block. This morning is a good example because I woke up in a good mood. At least a better mood then I normally wake up in after a night of insomnia. Insomnia depresses me and probably everyone else, but this morning my mood was good.

I responded to some blog prompt on writing.com. After that my mood descended into darkness. I logged off of writing.com to say some prayer and do some online surveys. I am trying to earn some money to pay some bills, but surveys just are not doing it. I have decided not to give up on the surveys for a while because they do earn me a little money and sometime some needed household items. I did some survey. I said some prayers. I cleaned out the flatware drawer. I posted on Facebook. I continued to write. Eventually my mood changed.

I prayed, worked, and wrote through the writer's block. I found out long ago that if I just sit down and sink into the depression that I do not get back to writing for several hours or days. As long as I can keep working, writing, and praying I can overcome the depression. Once I overcome the depression then I overcome the writer's block because it is the depression that causes my writer's block.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9