Thursday, February 19, 2015

Thursday Thoughts: In the mail today (February 19, 2015)

I received the February/March 2015 edition of The AARP Magazine today. I was relieved to find that I did not receive any past dew notices because I know that I have a couple of past dew bills I will have to deal with before February 28. I breathed a sigh of relief, removed my mail from the box, and went back into my apartment.

On the front of The Magazine is a picture of Bob Dylan, with several articles that I want to read. Those articles, in the order they appear on the front of the magazine, are (1) Jobs & Money, (2) Dylan Behind the Shades, (3) 8 Easy Ways to Live Longer, (4) The Power of Prayer, and (5) Heart Health Makeover. The Heart Health Makeover is of special interest to me since one of my sister-in-laws recently had a heart attack. The only thing I have to do now is schedule time to read the articles.

I think the best time for me to start reading is right before I go to sleep. I need to relax from housework (I started spring cleaning today) and my muse needs to relax from writing. I believe that reading these articles will help me relax so that I can sleep better. I also suspect that reading them before I go to sleep will help me remember what I read. When I was young and in school I seemed to deal better with the class information if I read the book before I went to sleep.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9