Friday, January 23, 2015

Form Friday: Merging Poetry Forms

On Wednesday, January 21, the writing.com newsletters arrived in my in-box. The poetry newsletter, titled Merge Two - Create Something New, discussed merging poetry forms to create a poem. I cannot remember writing a poem that merged two forms, so it is something I have to attempt. The newsletter discussed three merged poetry forms.

1. The Terzanelle

2. The Acronet

3. The Villonnet

The Terzanelle merges the Terza Rima and the Villanelle. The Acronet the Acrostic and the Nonet. The Villonnet merges the Villanelle and the Sonnet. I want to attempt all three forms, but I am not sure which one to write first. Therefore, I have to look closely at each form to see if any one fits a poem I have to completely rewrite or check the headlines to find a theme for the poems.

I enjoy writing form poetry because most of the forms are difficult enough to take my mind off my worries. It is exhilarating to finish a form poem, post it in my writing.com portfolio, and the get a review about it from another member. I will post which form I decided to write first on Friday, January 30, along with remarks from any reviews I receive about the poem. Visit My Portfolio @ Writing.Com

Labels: , , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9