Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thursday Thoughts: What Happened to My Purple Pen?

In going through some notebooks and cleaning stuff out, I found the following lines to a poem I started back in 2010.

In September of Twenty-Ten,
I bought a brand new purple pen.

I sure thought the pen was special when I purchased it, but I do not remember the pen or what happened to it. I also do not remember if I intended to use those lines in a sonnet or some other form poem. I found verses in the notebook which I finished or rewrote. I cannot remember why I wrote the lines about the pen or what type of poem I intended to write.

What I do remember about 2010 is the chaos and the worry that surrounded me. My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in November or December 2009 and I spent the rest of the year trying to get out of the chaos that accompanied the diagnosis. I am sure that Mom was suffering fro Alzheimer's disease before that, but the it was not diagnosed until 2009.

Mom got  worse in late 2010 or early 2011, I am not sure which because my life seemed to fall apart after the diagnosis and I am just getting it back together. Mom died on November 29, 2012.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9