Monday, September 08, 2014

Monday Motivation: Rain

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.
John Ruskin 

It is raining in Las Vegas, but we are not having bad weather. The rain is refreshing, it falls gently onto cement sidewalks, asphalt streets, rock covered yards, and dry desert. The rain is beautiful. The temperature is a refreshing 76 degrees, so I opened my front door to watch the raindrops strike the ground on Sunrise Avenue.

The cloud covered sky is a patchwork of charcoal gray and gray white. It reminds me of a cotton quilt my grandmother made. I don't know what happened to the quilt because it got lost in the various moves from city to city, from state to state, from apartment to house and back to an apartment. It doesn't matter what happened to the  quilt because I remember it. I remember it and I smile.


Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9