Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday Matters: Half Past September

It is half past September,
the month is flying fast
there are something I want remember
before this month is past.

In the first fifteen days of September, I wrote thirteen poems. Of those ten were form poems and three were free verse. In addition, I wrote my first steampunk poem, which was an effort because I had to use a specific form. I wrote the poem as part of a challenge and it had to be a form poem. I used decuain form for Lord Claymore's Contraption.

It is half past September
a month to remember,
a month to celebrate
and to commemorate
because I stepped
outside the walls of my box.

I like writing form poem because I can focus on the form and the subject without worrying about anything else. Writing form poetry takes my mind off my troubles and helps me worship God through the use of stanza and line.  I believe that work performed with the proper attitude is worship of God and writing form poems helps because the form has to be perfect when it is complete.




Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9