Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thursday Thoughts: Remembering September 11, 2001

Has it been only 13 years since the Towers fell into dust? I think back to the moment I heard the news and the shock wave that struck my soul. I remember oversleeping so I had to make a choice between watching the morning news and getting to work on time. I chose to get to work on time.

I remember taking a bath. I remember eating a breakfast of jellied and buttered toast with my coffee because I did not have time to boil or fry an egg with hashbrowns. I remember getting in my car, driving to work, and wondering why the traffic on I95 was so slow that early in the morning.

I remember getting to work. I remember hearing the news. I remember watching the news coverage online because we did not have television sits in the computer lab of the Community College of Southern Nevada. I remember calling my mother and telling her to turn on the television to watch the news.

 I remember writing poems about the Twin Towers falling. I wrote poem in commemoration of the event for two or three years afterwards on September 11. As I remember back 13 years, I wonder why I stopped writing poems commemorating the event. I did not forget that day because I said prayers for the departed souls of the first responders and the victims, but I did not write any more poems. This year I will write a poem remember September 11, 2001.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9