Thursday, September 04, 2014

Thursday Thoughts: Wandering Thoughts

This morning
my thought are wandering across the universe,
unfocused and distracted.

I am not sure what is going on this morning. I woke up and finally managed to roll out of bed; fortunately, I did not roll onto the floor because, with my osteoarthritis, I find it difficult to get off the floor once I get down there. All right that is enough of my weird humor  this morning I have to attempt to finish this entry this morning. A difficult job since my thoughts are unfocused and my mind wants to wander.

Sometimes writing helps
pull my wandering thoughts back
to today's activities.

What helps retrieve my wandering thoughts? Four things bring my thoughts back in focus. First, prayer because my mind focuses on the words I am saying. Second, chanting God's Most Great Name because I have to chant and while my finders are moving prayer beads along the string. Three, coffee because I can sit back and sip the coffee while my mind focuses on the exquisite and delicious aroma or taste. Fourth, writing because I have to focus on the words.

Waiting for coffee to brew
my eyes wander to the computer's clock:
Has it been an hour since I took my thyroid medication?

I have said my morning prayers. I have brewed a fresh carafe of coffee. I have composed this entry. I am ready to get my day going. When I take my next meditation or prayer break, I will intone God's Most Great Name. If I do not take several spiritual breaks through they day then my mind starts wandering again and I lose my focus of concentration.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9