Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sundry Sunday: A Beautiful Sunday Morning in Las Vegas

It is the third of five Sunday's in August. It is a beautiful and cool Sunday morning here in Las Vegas with the temperature creeping from 79 or 80 degrees toward a predicted 106 degrees for the afternoon. I still have the door open so that the cool morning air can air out my studio apartment. I know I will have to close the door soon and turn on the air conditioner, but for the time being I will enjoy looking out at the beautiful clear blue sky and the deep shadows cast over the concrete from the bright morning sun.

beautiful morning
the pine tree across the street
casts long dark shadow

On this beautiful Sunday morning, I made cafe mocha using rich chocolate flavor Ovaltine©. T his is my favorite way to make cafe mocha at  home, which is  the only place I drink it  anymore. Why should I go out to have my favorite coffee flavor when I can make it at home with my favorite coffee and Ovaltine©? When  I go out to a coffee shop or a restaurant I order raspberry ice tea or some type of flavored hot tea that I do not keep at home.

beautiful morning
a rooster crowed at first light
announcing Sunday

On the third Sunday in August writing a haibun haiku is a good exercise to start off Sunday writing. I think I am composing this poem-prose properly, but I should research it a little more before I explain exactly what it is in another entry. I know that this type of exercise relaxes me and helps me focus on everything I have to do today.

Labels: , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9