Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Time-Out Tuesday: Recharging my Batteries

I am working an a new flash fiction story called Self-Indulgent Echoes (Working Title). I have the first two paragraphs written, but I cannot think of anything else to write. The deadline is Wednesday, July 2, so I have to finish it tonight so that I can edit it before the 8:59 deadline. The problem is that I have no idea where this story is going, which is not unusual when I write flash fiction.

Normally, I start the first paragraph and then continue writing without interruption. However, normal is not working this afternoon. I am stuck. The characters are not helping in anyway. Being stuck on this story does not help my word count. It does not help me think. My mind is not cooperating. My muse has left me temporarily.

I am going to post this entry. I am going to turn off the computer. I think I need to take a short break, say some prayer and clean out the coffee maker. I will see if I can get back to this story after that. My mind does not want to cooperate with me on composing this entry. I definitely need a break.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9