Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wednesday Word: Communion

According to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary, on of the definitions for communion is "a close relationship". This relationship can be with other people, a pet, or with God. As a poet, I have known for a long time that I can have communion with God through my own poetry; however, this morning I discovered that I can have communion with God through reading other people's spiritual or religious poetry.

I discovered this when I was reading this week's edition of the writing.com spiritual newsletter. I had finished reading the newsletter itself and begin reading the editor's picks for this week. One of the poems was about a butterfly. As I contemplated the poem, I felt the spiritual essence and realized that I was in communication with God. The words of the poet put me in touch with the Divine Creator and I could feel the spirit of God flowing across my soul, which is the intimate connection between the Beloved (God) and the lover.

I treasure this lesson because I now have more then one way to have communion with God. I can commune with God through prayer, reading the sacred scriptures, writing spiritual poetry, enjoying nature, or reading spiritual poetry. I know that from now on I will attempt to read the spiritual newsletter the first thing every Wednesday.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9