Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Midweek Reflections on Getting back into a routine

It's Wednesday, February 12, 2014, and I'm getting back into a routine. For several years before Mom died, I didn't have a regular routine of any kind because I was Mom's caregiver and her needs overshadowed my own. Then after Mom's death I didn't want to do much of anything except write, I even had to push myself to take a shower. Now that I'm out of the house, which Mom and I shared, I'm slowly getting back into a normal or semi-normal routine. My routine will be closer to normal once I finish organizing my apartment.

During the years I didn't have a regular routine, I notice that the lack of one appeared to affect my writing, my sleep, and my enjoyment of life. I remember when I was younger (before I became Mom's caregiver in 2007), I enjoyed taking a shower or a bath, but during my caregiver years doing either one was a chore and I had to push myself to  take a shower. At the time, I thought it was the fact that I had now choice because the only option I had at the time, but I've came to realize that wasn't true.

I also stopped doing surveys because I thought I didn't enjoy them when the problem was depression. I did several surveys this morning and enjoyed them. Now I have to establish a new routine of doing surveys and writing. I have to earn more money to supplement my meager retirement income and that means completing surveys. It also means submitting stories and poems to online magazines; at least, until I can earn enough  to send my stories and poem through snail mail.



Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9