Saturday, January 25, 2014

Writing After Coffee

I finished the fresh coffee I made  this morning and I'm ready to brew another carafe. I'm not sure it's a good idea, but since coffee is one of the few things I can drink without worrying about the too much about the potassium level I'll go ahead and brew another carafe.

I checked my potassium level chart, which tells me that an 8 oz. cup of coffee has 128 milligrams (mg.) of potassium in it. An 8 oz. cup of black tea has 86 mg. of potassium, so I may change over to black tea after I finish drinking the first few cups of coffee each morning. I'll have to purchase some black tea the next time I go to the store because all I have in the house is herb teas and I don't  know how much potassium each of those contain.

Writing after coffee
my muse is awake and working
her little wings off;
perhaps I should switch  to black tea:
I wonder how it tastes with chocolate?

Now that I have to watch more then just fiber in my diet, my brain is becoming more active.  It has to become more active because I have to remember to check not only the fiber content of anything purchase, but the potassium content as well. Oh well, nobody ever said getting old was easy. I think someone did say that "Getting old isn't for wimps."

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9