Friday, January 24, 2014

Writing and Technical Difficulties

I had a few modem technical difficulties this morning, but I did learn one thing that may help me in the future. My modem has a backup battery, which keeps some of the lights on when it doesn't want to work on cloudy days. I'm not sure why, but two or three cloudy days in a row cause my modem to tiptoe of into Internet Never Never Land. Normally, I can manually reboot it without calling in technical support.

That wasn't the case this morning, after attempting to reboot it without any luck I called the tech support line.  They weren't  getting any signal from my modem, so she had me take the battery out. After I put the battery back in the modem and router worked just fine. However, the time spent talking to the tech cost me writing time and phone minutes. I haven't checked my cellphone provider's website to see how many minutes the whole thing cost me because it was worth the price to get back online and let my cable provider know where I will be moving.

I thought the apartment was cable ready, but I could be wrong. The technician I talked to couldn't find the address or the apartment number, so she put in a request to see if it was cable ready. I don't know what I'll do if it isn't, but I will deal with that situation if or when I encounter it. I have too much to do this weekend to get ready to move in by either January 28 or January 31, depending on when the money for the security and cleaning deposit arrive. Oh well, it's these little unknowns that make life interesting.


Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9