Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Writing Before Drinking my First Cup of Coffee

I'm writing this
before brewing a fresh carafe,
before taking a sip from my first
cup of coffee.

It's Wednesday, January 22, 2014, I ignored the alarm this morning, which caused me to take my thyroid medication later then usual. Since I didn't take the Levothyroxine before 6:10 am, I can't have breakfast or drink coffee before 7:10. I attempted to put off writing before brewing the coffee, but it only takes a few minutes to put in a load of laundry. Now I have to do something while the laundry washes and this morning that something is writing or checking my e-mail boxes.

I logged into writing.com to check my e-mail and discovered this week's editions of the newsletters. After a few minutes contemplation, I decided I would rather write then get involved in a newsletter while waiting for the washing machine to go through a wash and rinse cycle. It's about 7:05, the washer just finished so I put the clothes in the dryer, while I was in the kitchen-laundry room I also put  the coffee on to brew.

I'm going to have to stop writing before I've had my first cup of coffee because my muse doesn't wake up until I take my first sip of fresh brewed Folger© Black Silk Coffee. I can smell the coffee, therefore, I'm going to post this and pour myself a cup.



Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9