Thursday, January 23, 2014

Writing with Coffee

This morning, I have a cup of hot black coffee sitting on a wooden television stand beside my computer desk. I keep a T.V. stand beside the desk because I don't dare sit coffee on the same desk as the computer. This way, if I accidentally spill coffee or any other beverage I happen to be drinking while I'm working it isn't spill on the computer.

A hot cup of coffee
awakens my muse
and encourages
my winter cold fingers
to type.

It's easier to think while I'm sipping coffee because it allows me a few minutes to contemplate what I'm going to write next. I can take a sip of the hot dark ambrosia and stare at the screen while I savor the smooth flavor of the coffee. After I place my cup back on t he stand and swallow the coffee then I can get right back to typing with any difficulties.

Writing with coffee;
 feeling the hot liquid
warming my mouth
and flowing down my throat...
Life is good!




Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9