Friday, January 17, 2014

Earth Day 2014 is Tuesday, April 22

When I checked my inbox this morning, I found the Earth Day Network newsletter waiting for me. It contained information about the Earth Day 2014 theme, which is Green Cities. According to the newsletter, over half of Earth's population lives in cities. This means that the urban areas are growing and the side effect of this growth is that climate change worsens.That is why we need to make it a priority to power our cities with renewable energy.

We can no longer put off the transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy. We have to start looking at the way we power our homes and business because the future of humanity, of our children and their lively-hood are at stake. We need to begin implementing "green practices" in our lives and in our building codes. As an individual, I am not sure how I can do this, but I intend to find out.

One of the things I plan to do very the next three months is to write poems and stories concerning the subject of climate change, renewable energy, and "green cities". I know that there are other things I can do and I have to find out what "other things" I can do. If you would like more information on the Earth Day Network's Green Cities campaign, please click on the above links.

Labels: , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9