Sunday, June 24, 2012

A beautiful summer day in Las Vegas


a bird’s song echoes
as dawn scatters blue light
two sparrows flying

When I went out for the paper this morning I heard a bird singing and saw two sparrows flying from tree to tree. At least, I think they were sparrows because they were in the tree across the street and small enough to be sparrow. All this occurred before this afternoon’s triple digit temperatures.

It is afternoon now and the outdoor temperature has risen above 100 degrees. I am sitting inside with the thermostat set at 79 degrees and looking out the living room window at the beautiful blue sky and bright sunshine. I do have to get out in the triple digits today, but that is only to take trash to the garage.

After I take out the trash, I will come back into the cool house. Then once I come back in, I will make Mom and me each a bowl of ice cream. That is about all I have planned except to finish some housework, check a couple of websites, and write a poem or start a story.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9