Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Technical difficulties


It has been a long Tuesday. This afternoon everything seems to be running fine. This morning was a different story. This morning both my computer and my cell phone gave me problems. As I have said before and often, “Technology is great, when it works properly.”

I took my virus scan 10 hours to run. It began about 3:14 AM and completed the scan after 1:00 PM. Part of the problem concerned the computer going into hibernation (on its own) before the scan completed. I am not sure, but I think that had to do with the computer’s virtual memory, but could have been another problem.

Then there was my appointment with the doctor. My appointment was at 9:30 AM. At 8:15, I decided the only thing for me to do was pause the virus scan and put the computer into hibernation while I went to the doctor. It would have gone into hibernation again anyway before the scan was completed. This is not the first time this has happen.

As for the cell phone, I have to call the technical support line because of a periodic issue with the phone. I suspect the best way to solve the problem with the phone is to buy a new one. I also think a new computer would solve the problems that I am having with it. To repeat myself, “Technology is wonderful when it works properly.”

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9