Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Solstice 2012


first day of summer
triple digit temperatures
try to stay indoors

Today is officially the first day of summer. The unofficial first day of summer occurred on June 1, when the temperatures reached 105 degrees. The weather bureau announced an excessive heat warning for that day. I, of course, had to drive across town in the excessive heat. It was not pleasant and I am not looking forward to leaving the house this summer.

I am not sure how hot it is outside; I know it is hot because the air has run continuously without stopping. I have not checked the thermostat because I do not want to know what it reads. I have a good reason not to check the thermostat. This house is difficult to keep cool in summer; therefore, the unit does not keep the house to the 79 degrees (that is where the thermostat is set).

If I look at the thermostat, I will worry that the unit is not working. The unit works fine because I can feel cool air. I am not the only person in Las Vegas with this problem. It gets so hot here that it is difficult to keep a house cool. Since I am unwilling to set my thermostat at 83 degrees because I am home most of the day I just have to learn to deal with the side effects of the heat.

Happy Summer Solstice

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9