Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Toot my horn Tuesday: A good day in Las Vegas


Despite the triple digit temperatures, it is a good day in Las Vegas. I am at home in a cool house, with the thermostat set at 79 degrees. This morning I washed one load of towels and have them hanging on towel racks in the bathrooms drying.

It is a good day in Las Vegas, because this morning I wrote six short poems before 8:00 AM. I wrote two haiku and four senryu. Both of these are three-line Japanese forms with syllable counts of 5, 7, 5. The difference is that the haiku is about nature, animals, the weather, etc. The senryu concerns human nature, etc.

It is a good day in Las Vegas, because I have decided on the subject of my July edition of the writing.com fantasy newsletter. The subject I have chosen is science fiction and fantasy poetry. The June edition is due to come out tomorrow.

It is a good day in Las Vegas, because this afternoon I chose to make myself a glass of ice water instead of heating up the leftover coffee in the microwave. I can always heat the coffee up later tonight or in the morning.

It is a good day in Las Vegas, because I am writing a prose poem for today’s blog entry. This can be a difficult form to write or it can be easy depending on the subject.

Labels: , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9