Friday, June 08, 2012

Writing about the bandage on my left leg


The bandage is gone
The wound on my left leg healed
I still have dry skin

The doctor removed the bandage yesterday. I have a follow up appointment in July. I have spent five out of six months with a knee-high bandage on my left leg. I have worn size 9 crocs because no other shoe would fit over the bandage.

I want a pair of new shoes. Unfortunately, I cannot get shoes until the end of June. This makes me nervous because over the past five months, every time the doctor removed the bandage and we thought the wound healed. It came back. Each time I planned to get shoes as soon as my check hit the bank, I had to put it off because the wound came back.

A pair of new shoes
A pair of comfortable flats
Something to walk in

I am looking forward to going into a shoe store and buying a pair of new shoes. I have never looked forward to buying new shoes before. Normally, I consider shopping for shoes a necessity, but not something to enjoy. I feel differently now, perhaps it is because the bandage on my left leg prevented me from buying shoes.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 1 Comments

  • 1 Comments:

    Blogger Joy Palakkal said...

    Wish You Will Wear A Pair of New Shoes Soon!!!!
    Have Happy Days Ahead!!

    11:44 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9