Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday Writing in Las Vegas on June 23, 2012


Weariness sets in
My mind is not focusing
And my thoughts scatter

I am so tired I cannot seem to think. I stare at a blank document and wonder what I wanted to write. I want to take a nap, but it is Saturday and Mom is home, so lying down for a nap is out of the question. Perhaps, if I just start writing something will come to me.

Outside a blue sky
A walk is not possible
Watch television

The weather in Las Vegas is hot and the sky is clear. It is too hot to take a walk because the temperatures will reach triple digits today and I cannot take Mom out. The temperature in the house is about 79 degrees, which is tolerable for both Mom and me.

I would like to take a walk, at least down to the corner and back, but I cannot leave Mom in the house alone. Right now, she is watching television or dozing. Mom watches little T.V. and then dozes a little. I got her out of the wheelchair a couple of times this morning, but she cannot walk very well even with the walker.

Maybe food will help
It might give me energy
Might help my focus


Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9