Saturday, July 16, 2011

My mother sleeps with her shoes

My mother has Alzheimer’s disease. One of the things she does is to sleep with her shoes next to her pillow. I understand why she does it, she thinks someone will steal her shoes if she leaves them on the floor. At least, now she takes them off when she goes to bed.

For a while, Mom wore them when she went to bed. I had to wait until she went to sleep and then take them off. Mom usually remained asleep when I removed her shoes, but sometimes she woke up. Fortunately, she did not get angry; Mom just wanted me to put her shoes beside her pillow. Now she removes the shoes before she goes to sleep. Later this evening I will go in to make sure, she has not put her shoes back on her feet.

The title of this entry would make a good title for a poem. I am planning a free verse poem, but the form may change. Many of the things my Mother does end up in poems because writing poetry is good therapy. Poetry absorbs the emotions I feel, when I finish a poem it contains the emotions and expresses my thoughts.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9