Sunday, July 24, 2011

It is Sunday and I Am Not Giving Up!

It is Sunday. I am on the verge of tears. Mom, because of Alzheimer’s disease, had a difficult morning. Mom had an angry morning. Mom had an “Oh, No!” morning. Mom had a “Crap!” morning. I am not quoting anything else she said, because I would be repeating myself several times over.

It is Sunday. Mom has taken all of her morning medication. I think I have taken all of mine. I put Mom’s medication into pillboxes according to the day, so I know she takes all of her meds. I found two more pillboxes, so I am putting my daily medication into those, that way I know if I took all of mine.

It is Sunday and Mom is taking a short nap. This gives me a chance to take care of some writing and other things. Mom does not like me to get out of her sight, she gets upset when she cannot see or hear me. Mom also gets angry with me, but she cannot help that. The Alzheimer’s disease causes mom’s emotional issues.

Alzheimer’s is a devastating disease that affects the entire family, but it is especially difficult on the caregiver. I am Mom’s caregiver. On Saturday and Sunday, she stays home all day. Monday through Friday, except holiday, she goes to an adult daycare center. Therefore, the only time I am sure I can get out of the house is the days Mom goes to the daycare center.

Writing about the way Alzheimer’s effects Mom helps. I still want to cry because I remember the wonderful and kind woman Mom was before the disease began to take it toll. I am not giving up, instead I will write about the woman my mother used to be; however, that is another post for another day.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9