Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Thoughts about Spring

The sun crosses the vernal equinox occurs on March 20 about 23:21 Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) this year. That is approximately eighteen or nineteen days from now. At first glance, that seems like a long time, but it is not. The time will pass quickly; we will wonder where March went and begin worrying about April 15.

Spring is a wonderful time. It is my favorite season. I look forward to hearing the newly hatched birds chirping for their dinner. I look forward to the warmer days and turning off the heat. I look forward to the beautiful flowers and the leaves sprouting on the trees. I look forward to getting out of the house and sitting on my patio.

On the first day of spring, Mom and I usually go out to eat. I am not sure about going out to eat this year. Mom has Alzheimer’s disease and it is difficult to get her to leave the house. Mom does not want to go out anymore and I cannot leave her at home alone, so she goes to the store with me. Mom goes with me, but she gets angry which is the reason I am not sure about taking her out to eat on the first day of spring.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9