Monday, March 07, 2011

Why is the cat staring at me?

“Why is the cat staring at me?” sounds like a good title for a flash fiction story. The cat I am referring to is Midnight, who is sitting on a wooden stand by the window. Once I noticed him staring at me, turned his head and began staring out the living room window.

I do not know what he sees outside because there are no birds in the yard this morning. Even the pigeons that usually pick olives from the ground are missing today. The only thing for him to see is the wind blowing through the weeds and the olive tree. He could be looking at the sun, which sometimes shines through the clouds.

Midnight seems content to sit by the window and stare outside or stare at me when I am at the computer. I still do not know why Midnight stares at me when I sit down to compose something. I checked the food and water dishes to make sure that I filled them this morning.

The only other cat items I have to check are the litter boxes. Perhaps Midnight wants me to clean them this morning instead of waiting until evening. Cats are mysterious creature and one never really knows what is on their minds.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9