Monday, July 26, 2010

Working a 40-hour week

I have a temporary job. I am working 40 hours a week. I have someone staying with Mom while I work. Mom does not like the ideas, but I have no choice because she cannot stay by herself. This morning I am making my online journal entries between housework chores and getting ready to go to work. I work 11:30 AM to 8:00 PM today and tomorrow.

On Wednesday, I plan to take the car to the garage to have the starter fixed. The starter is not the only problem with the car. I also need to have the air conditioning fixed, but that is going to have to wait because of repairs to the kitchen and bathroom facets. I also need to get the pipes fixed behind the washer so that I can use the washing machine instead of going to the laundromat.

This week the car gets fixed and then I see what bills I can pay. Fortunately, I do not have to worry about the power bill until after August 6, the bill due in August is $ 312.00. I will look at all the bills either Tuesday night or Wednesday afternoon. Paying bills sounds like a good title for a poem; at least, it would be therapeutic. Several of the events in my life would make good subjects for poems, short stories, or slice of life essays.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9