Sunday, June 07, 2009

My internet connection slows down in the afternoon

I don't know what the problem is, but my Internet connection has begun slowing down in the afternoon. I'm not doing anything different, I still use tabbed browsing so I can access two different website at simultaneously.

All right, so part of the problem may be the tabbed browsing. I've used tabbed browsing for over a year and I think I've gotten the hang of it. I wait until one website is loaded before attempting to load the other. Of course, a phone line connection can be ditsy. Still if I'm careful and patient tabbed browsing doesn't slow the process down very much.

Anther interesting thing, is that it takes me a couple of attempts to save a blog entry draft. This is something new because usually the draft is saved automatically and I don't have to do anything except type. I think the problem is the phone line or the traffic on the phone line. I'm just going to have to live with it for a while because getting DSL or cable modem is out for now.

Writing is interest, but it's stressful when the internet connection slows down. Oh well, life is full of interesting little tests and difficulties. Eventually, the connection will speed up; in the mean time, I'm just going to have to deal with it or make blog entries early in the morning or late in the evening. I have other writing projects to take up the time while I'm waiting on the connection.

Of course, a slow connection ties up the phone lines longer, but I can't get off until the blog entry is posted or I've finished researching an item. Maybe I'll get a cell phone, then I won't have to worry about tying up the phone line.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9