Monday, June 01, 2009

Doing most of my writing with pen and paper

The capacitor in the central air unit is out. It's been out since Thursday afternoon, the money won't be in the bank to fix it until Wednesday or Thursday of this week. I'm doing most of my writing in long hand using a pen and paper. Normally, I write on the computer; however, it gets too hot to have the computer on without central air.

True it cooler in the house then it is outside, but it's still too hot for the computer. Therefore, I'm doing most of my composing off the computer until I can get the central air unit fixed. Actually, being without the unit is interesting. I'm writing and I'm getting housework accomplished. In fact, as soon as I finish all the blog entries, I have a floor to mop.

I've got plenty of water and I can take breaks if I get too hot doing housework. The only problem is that I'm going to be behind on several goals. One of those is the daily word count, you see, a person can't write as many words in long hand as he or she can by typing at a computer. It's going to push me to achieve the goals I've set by the end of June. I think I can make up most of those with a bit of work and pushing myself.

In addition, to pushing myself I'm going to have to set a work schedule. I've attempted work schedules before, but I haven't had the motivation to keep them going. However, now I am motivated because I feel the urgency to get it done. I know that isn't a reason, but it's the only explanation I have right now.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9