Thursday, May 28, 2009

Three Days left in May

There are three days left in May
and I can hear a chain saw buzzing away
singing its song of destruction
as it chews into the stone pine tree
in my front yard.

Gone is the tree closest to my garage
cut down because its roots
were on a path of destruction
focused on the foundation
of my house.

There are two more pine and an olive tree
left in my front yard,
I pray that they can stay
for a while longer,
that their roots are not set on destroying
the foundation of my house.

There are three day left in May,
Friday,
Saturday,
Sunday,
and there are three trees left in my yard
to give shade to me
and comfort to the nightingales and doves
I hear every morning
when I go out to pick up the daily newspaper.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9