Sunday, June 14, 2009

Write about a dinner party

Daily Practice writing prompt for Sunday, June 14, 2009 is “Write about a dinner party”.

I have found a way to include the oak dining room table in a story. The table I remember was huge, all right, I was a child and everything seemed big to me. My memories of the table include sitting on my father's lap as he read the Sunday comics. Of course, using the table as the center of a dinner party means I cannot use that memory.

I remember my grandparents coming to Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year's dinner. I cannot remember which dinner they we guest in the house. It was probably Christmas or New Year because we usually went to their house on Thanksgiving. I do remember fried chicken and black-eyed peas, so it may have been a New Year's dinner. We always ate black-eyed peas on New Year's Day.

The table was oak, round and big; however, I have to have more of a description then that. If the table is the center of the dinner party, I must give a more detailed description then just oak, round and big. I think I will try a focused free write exercise to describe the table.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9