Monday, June 15, 2009

As Fathers’ Day Approaches

As Fathers' Day approaches memories of my father and of my father figure return. Usually a person's father figure and father are the same man, but not in my case. My father figure was my Grandpa Newland, my mother's father.

My parents were divorced when I was in grade school, so I do have some memories of my father. After my parent's divorce, my grandfather stepped into the place of my father. I have pleasant memories of both my father and grandfather. I also have several photos with my grandfather and father in them. I will post some of those photos over the next few days.

Fathers' Day is when I miss both my father and grandfather the most. As Fathers' Day approaches, those memories come back and I like to write about the pleasant time I had with both; therefore I will share some of those memories in my blogs.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9