Sunday, December 07, 2008

I have narrowed my focus

I have narrowed the focus of my writing goals from nineteen days to seven days. I am under a lot of stress and a narrower focus seems more achievable. I have no idea whether it is or not, but it seems that way in theory.

For the past two days I have spent half my day riding across town on the CAT bus. I have about a half-mile walk from the bus stop to my house and then there is the walking in between. Anyway my right knee is in more pain then usual; these cold nights the pain and stiffness settles into the knee.

I did talk to a doctor about the knee and all he said was "don't walk so much" a neat trick if I could do it. I am going to stop complaining now because I should be thankful for the pain. It does give me something to write about and, in addition, there is the thought "At my age if I don't wake up in pain then I'm dead."

I think I am going to start using the pain in one of the novels I am working on. Perhaps use it in a short story as well. I am a writer, so every experience of my life needs to go into my writing. Any way, as I said I am narrowing the focus of my goals to one week at a time. It may not produce less stress in my life, but at least it is a new approach and I think a new approach is what I need right now.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9