Friday, November 28, 2008

Writing about Fog in Las Vegas

It's a foggy day in Las Vegas. The fog isn't as thick as pea soup, but it's thick enough to hide items in a distance. Come to think of it, I've never see fog as thick a pea soup. I've seen and driven in thick fog when I was younger, but none of it ever reminded me of pea soup or any other kind of food.

I've never like driving or walking in fog. Today I'm going to have to walk in it. At least, I will if it hasn't cleared by the time I get up nerve enough to go out in it. Today I have to go to both Walgreens and Wal-Mart on opposite ends of Charleston. I'm picking up Mom's prescription at one and my prescription at another. While I'm out I'm going to have to get some cat food and maybe some new shoes.

I have to have new shoes, my old shoes are getting to the point where I can't wear them any more. Their soles are worn and I'm going to have to throw them away. I'll just have to extend my trip and stop at a factory outlet store to see if I can buy some inexpensive walking shoes. Maybe I'll try at Wal-Mart while I'm there.

I didn't know my shoes were getting bad until I walked in the rain a couple of days ago. The water seeped in through the soles. So now I need to get a pair of new shoes so that my feet stay dry. I don't like my feet to get wet when I'm wearing shoes. Perhaps if I wait about sixty minutes or so, the fog will clear.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9