Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Writing my memoirs

I have decided to write my memoirs. On December 24, I will be 62 years old and I think I need to get started on the process. What brought this on, you ask. Last night my cat, Lion, died in my arms. I thought Lion was 10 years old, but Mom says he was closer to 12. Mom's probably right because I sometimes forget birthdays and dates (with the exception of my own).

His death got me to thinking about how short life is and how unexpected some of the events occurring in life. I miss Lion, he is the first pet I've had that died in my arms while I was petting him. I was present at his birth, I watched him grow up and I taught him to ride on my shoulder. I think I will start my memoirs out by writing about Lion.

I don't think one has to write memoirs in chronological order. I'll write chapters and each chapter will focus on some event in my life. Each chapter will focus on a life changing events or those that affect me in some way.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9