Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Writing on a Cloudy Autumn Day

It finally feels like autumn in Las Vegas. The sky was cloudy all day and the temperature cool. The oak trees are starting to turn yellow all though I don't think we've had a freeze yet. Autumn has arrive in Las Vegas and it's almost winter.

Thanksgiving is Thursday, which makes this weather welcome. It hasn't been so cold that the central air is running all the time. I like this type of weather around Thanksgiving because it isn't so cold that we need to bundle up. All that is need is just a light sweater or jacket to keep warm, so when we go out on Thursday I'm going to wear a long sleeved blouse and carry a light jacket.

The autumn clouds are beautiful even if it doesn't rain. I'm not sure, but I think there might be a light dusting of snow on Mount Charleston. That would be nice, it doesn't seem like autumn in Las Vegas without a little bit of snow on Mount Charleston. I'll have to take a look tomorrow while I'm waiting for the bus to bring me home and double check on the snow. Even if there isn't snow on the Mountain, the air feels like autumn, which means there will be snow up there soon.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9