Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Junk mail can be comforting

Normally I mass delete all the e-mails in my junk mail box, but this morning I decided to take a look at the subject lines. While I was looking at the subject lines I look at the dates as well. That is when I realized that junk mail can be comforting. The dates on the first fifty or so messages in my junk mail box show 2038 or 2037 dates.

What is so comforting about those dates? Well according to some sources, the world will end on December 12, 2012. However, according to the dates in my junk mail box the world will continue to exist in 2037 and 2038 or at least e-mails will be sent into the past. OK, so I have a rather odd sense of humor.

Life gets tedious without a sense of humor. If person can't have fun with the messages in his or her junk mail box then that person needs a vacation. I will admit that I need a vacation: unfortunately, I can't afford a vacation. Therefore, I'm going to do the next best thing, I'm going to have fun with the messages in my junk mail box.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 1 Comments

  • 1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I only wish my email were so entertaining.

    9:30 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9