Sunday, November 09, 2008

I need an idea to write about

I'm one of the editors of the fantasy newsletter on writing.com. I just completed the November edition I'm responsible for and now I need an idea for the December edition. Normally I have all sorts of ideas, but this time I seem to be fresh out.

The edition I just finished concerned the end of the world. I used the suggestion that December 21, 2012 will be the end of the world. December 21, 2012 is the final date in the 13-year Mayan Long Count Calendar. This date refers to the end of a cycle and not the end of the world, unless of course we panic when winter solstice 2012 arrives. Maybe the entire human race should call in well to work that day and just stay home.

The only thing I can come up with at this moment is Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How. The questions a writer asked when creating the plot to a short story or novel. My problem is that they don't excite me. I guess they just don't stick the same chords as the end of the world. I need to have the newsletter completed by December 8. However, I need to come up with an idea so that I can look for stories on writing.com to feature in the newsletter.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 1 Comments

  • 1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Decembers are for endings and beginnings. Go after Ragnarök, how about life after the end.

    How will existance change?

    How will the world be different the day fater the last trumpet horn at Megiddo.

    Frank

    9:28 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9