Sunday, November 09, 2008

Giving Thanks in November

Thanksgiving is approaching or as my nephew calls it Turkey Day. He calls it this because one of his aunts (not me) bakes a turkey every year. For the past three or four years, I have Microwaved a turkey on either Thanksgiving or Christmas. I am not going to do that this year, because I am tired of Microwaved turkey. I am also tired of carving the turkey before I cook it because the turkey is too big for the Microwave Oven. (We were given the turkeys, so I had no choice about the size.)

One thing I am going to do this year is make a list of Thanksgiving Gratitudes. I am not sure what is going to be on the list yet. There are a lot of things I have to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, too many things to put on a single day's gratitude list and too many things to list in a single blog entry.

In these difficult times it is often hard to find things for which to give thanks. However, it is important to give thanks during times of crises and difficulties. Perhaps it is more important to give thanks during hard times then during times of ease and comfort. When life is not difficult and we are not confronting hard times, we often do not see the little things and blessing we have in our lives. In difficult times, we need to see the blessings and gratitudes to keep from becoming discouraged.

All though we should give thanks everyday we live. Having one month to give thanks in is better then not giving thanks at all.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9