Sunday, November 02, 2008

NaNoWriMo Day 2

My final word count for Day 1 of NaNoWriMo is 1,737, which exceeds my word count goal of 1,667. I'm still working on the novel's prologue and I've set the goal for the prologue to 2,000 words. Today I will finish the prologue and then move to chapter 1.

The working title of this year's NaNoWriMo novel is The Paradox Stone (and no it isn't about a stone too heavy for God to lift). The prologue consists of background information given in the form of journal extracts from the personal journal of one of my protagonist ancestors.

I had a title for the first chapter, but I've decided to change the title. I also changed the title of the prologue before I began writing it and the novel. Originally, the novel's title was Project Power Crystal, but I decided that just wasn't eye catching enough. In addition, it didn't really go along with some of the occurrences in the novel.

I'm a bit worried that the only action in the prologue is described in journal entries. However, I couldn't think of any other way give the information necessary for the reader to know before getting into the novel. The ancestors of my protagonist were the first to use the stone, so I decided to use journal entries from one of those using the stone.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9