Saturday, November 01, 2008

NaNoWriMo Day 1

I started and so far I have approximately 979 words. Today's word count goal is 1,667. For some reason I can't seem to type straight through without taking breaks. I'm not sure why, but this year I'm going to attempt to work through my perceived limitations. Today I'm working on the prologue to the novel, those little things that need to be stated first.

After fretting over how I should approach the Prologue, I decided to do a series of journal extracts using a series of entries written by the main character's ancestor. I still have to log into the NaNoWriMo website and post a synopsis of the novel and an extract. If I don't get to the first chapter today then the extract will be from the prologue until I get to chapter one.

I'm going to attempt to post my progress everyday. All though Tuesday, November 4 may be a bit of a problem because I'm working the election polls that day. I have to be at my post at 6:00 AM until 7:00 PM. That's a very long day, but I'm not going to miss the chance to work on my novel. I'm taking a notebook with me to work in long hand. While I may not get 1,667 words written that day, I will get something written. That's the idea, just write every day even if you have to do it in a pen and paper journal.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9