Monday, October 27, 2008

Some Poem Ideas

Walking gives a person ideas, in this case, some very good ideas for poems. In the last week or so I have encountered flowers I never expected to see. I would not have noticed those flowers if I were driving a car. Last week I encountered a yellow spring flower related to a tulip, I still am not sure about the name of the flower.

However, this week I do know the names of the flowers I encountered. Today I encountered roses on my way home. I took a different route home today because I went to the bank after work to make a deposit. I got off the Maryland Parkway bus on Oakey and walked down that street until I came to 17th Street. Normally, when I take that route I go straight down Oakey to Bruce, but today I decided to take 17th to Bracken. I am glad I did.

Someone planted the roses in front of a house right next to the sidewalk. They smelled so good and refreshing. I never expected to see roses this time of year in Las Vegas, but there they were in full bloom. Beautiful pink, white, and light red blossoms, life is good when you stop to smell the roses.

Pink roses bloom
beneath the afternoon sun
energizing scent

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 1 Comments

  • 1 Comments:

    Blogger xzone said...

    cool blog !
    presentation of ur blog is very simple yet powerfull i have blogmarked ur blog. great job...
    http://indiaxzone.blogspot.com

    5:41 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9