Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Why do I continue to struggle to write?

What is it about human being that causes us to continue to struggle when all appears hopeless? Why do I contiue to write when all around me is darkness? I am not talking about night or being without electricity. I am writing about something else entirely.

Why do I put characters on paper, one character right after another forming words, when all I can see is the hopelessness of the situation? What is it about me that will not allow me to give up and just stop writing? Sometimes I think I know the answer to those questions and at other times my reasons are not clear.

I know for sure that there is something within me that will not let me give up. I have to write. I have to write poetry. I have to write short stories. I have to write flash fiction. I have to write blog entries. I have to write about my 61 almost 62 years of experience.

There was a time when I did not write. However, once I start writing poems, journal entries, blog entries, etc. I could not stop. There is something within forcing me to write. Some people have the desire to talk and they cannot stop talking. Some people have the desire to run for a political office and the keep going until they have achieved the office. I have the desire to write and I cannot stop writing.

This morning is difficult, difficult in several ways, but I have to write. I have to write everyday. I have to write in a blog or a pen and paper journal. I have the talent. I have the will power to write when all around me appears to be falling apart. I have to put my thoughts down, without fail. I have to improve my writing skills. I have to use my creativity. It is a God given talent; I have to used and developed.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9