Friday, August 01, 2008

Time to begin new writing goals

Istiqlál (Independence), 1 Kamal (Perfection), 165 B.E. – Friday, August 1, 2008 about 7:31 AM PDT

A new month has begun and it is time to set new writing goals. Perhaps I should say a new nineteen-day focus, instead of new goals. For the next nineteen days ,I will focus on perfecting specific aspects of my writing. Perfection is the ultimate goal of every soul.

The intriguing thing about perfection is that it comes by degrees. An individual soul can achieve specific degrees of perfection, but not complete perfection. That is a person can only achieve perfection in a limited area. For instance, a writer can write the perfect novel or the perfect poem. Both of these achievements take work.

So for the next nineteen days my focus on achieving perfection in a specific area, in this case, I will focus on rewriting a novel. By sunset August 19 I will complete the rewriting and then I will attempt to get the novel published. That is I will submit it to several different publishers. Another way I can focus on perfection is finding the perfect word in any poem I am writing.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9